I shared this fake palm tree leaves diy on Instagram Story the other day and people were loving it, so I had to share it on the blog too! All you need is just some white paper and coffee (or black tea). I prefer making the brown paper rather than using brown paper as the uneven finish makes it look a bit more real.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Coffee grounds
- Add a bit of water to the coffee grounds so it’s easier to spread on the paper.
- Dap your cloth into the mixture and dap and wipe all over the paper until it’s fully covered. Then flip the paper and repeat on the back.
- When the entire paper is covered with coffee, set aside and let it dry.
- Once it’s dry, wipe away the coffee excess.
- Now fold your paper in half, then cut it as shown in the picture. You can make different sizes depending on where you cut your paper.
- Unfold the paper and fold both sides in a zig-zag.
- Open it up and pull together at the bottom, creating that leaf shape.
- Slide a dowel, skewer or whatever you have that works as a stem into the bottom of the leaf and tape it. Voila!
- You can make different sizes and even play around with the shape and then put them in a vase.